Hit and run crashes can result in significant property damage, severe injuries, and substantial monetary losses. When a driver leaves the scene of a car accident, the accident victim is left to deal with the consequences of the crash.
The Kansas City hit and run accident lawyers of Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers work with you to get you the money you deserve. There may be one or more sources of compensation for a hit-and-run accident. Just because the other driver left the scene, you should not give up hope that you will be reimbursed for your losses and damages.
Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Kansas City, MO car accident attorney. We will help you pursue claims to recover compensation or a hit-and-run accident. Call (816) 408-3448 today to schedule a free consultation.
Table of Contents
How Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers Help You After a Hit and Run Crash
Dealing with hit-and-run accidents can be overwhelming for accident victims. Their insurance company may not be as helpful as they thought it would be in this situation. However, you can get help from Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers.
When you hire our personal injury attorneys in Kansas City, MO, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the hit and run crash to gather evidence for an insurance claim
- Obtain copies of police reports and check with law enforcement agencies and the Highway Patrol to determine the status of the hit and run case
- Review insurance policies to determine insurance coverage
- File insurance claims and handle all communication and negotiations with the insurance company
- Monitor the statute of limitations for filing lawsuits
- Document damages and calculate the value of your injury claim
- Fight to get you the most money available for your personal injury claim
If you were injured by a hit and run driver, contact our Kansas City, Missouri law firm to schedule a free case review. There’s no obligation and no risk to you.
Why Do Drivers Leave the Scene of an Accident?
A driver may leave the scene of an accident for several reasons.
Common reasons for hit and run accidents include:
- The driver does not have a valid driver’s license
- There is an outstanding criminal warrant for the driver
- The driver does not have the required automobile insurance
- The driver was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs when the accident occurred
- The person panicked and left the scene
- The driver is underage and should not be driving a vehicle
State law requires that drivers remain at the scene of a car accident until they exchange information. If there are injuries or severe property damage, they should remain at the scene until law enforcement officers arrive.
Filing an Uninsured Motorist Insurance Claim for a Hit and Run Accident in Kansas City
If a hit and run driver causes an accident, the accident victim might receive compensation for damages under their uninsured motorist coverage (UM insurance). UM insurance pays benefits when you are injured in an accident caused by an uninsured driver. It also applies in cases involving hit-and-run drivers.
Filing a claim against your uninsured motorist coverage could result in compensation for damages, including:
- Past and future loss of income and decreased earning capacity
- Pain and suffering damages caused by mental anguish, emotional distress, and physical injuries
- Past and future cost of medical treatment, nursing care, and personal care
- Disability, impairment, and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life and reduced quality of life
Before you can recover any money for your damages, you must prove that the other driver caused the car crash. It could be more challenging to prove fault without the other driver, but it is possible.
Evidence Used to Prove Fault for a Hit and Run Accident in Kansas City
Evidence that our legal team gathers to prove causation, fault, and liability for a hit and run crash includes, but is not limited to:
- Copies of crash reports and police reports
- Videos of the accident from traffic cameras and nearby surveillance cameras
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Physical evidence from your vehicle and the crash site
We may also retain expert witnesses to examine the evidence and provide opinions and testimony regarding the cause of the crash. Accident reconstructionists use evidence from the collision to recreate how the crash occurred to prove fault.
If the law enforcement officers identify the other driver, our legal team also pursues a claim against that driver. We pursue all possible legal causes of action until we exhaust every possible source of compensation for your damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Car Crash Lawyer in Kansas City
You deserve compensation if you were injured in a car crash through no fault of your own. Even if the person who hit you fled the scene. Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers will help you fight for that compensation. Contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with a Kansas City hit and run accident lawyer.