Have you been injured by a dangerous product in St. Louis, MO? Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers has represented injured consumers in complex product liability cases for more than 20 years. Contact our law office at (314) 400-0000 for a free consultation with a St. Louis product liability lawyer prepared to fight for you.
You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering from the manufacturer. We also handle cases involving product liability cases, boating accidents, St. Louis motorcycle injuries, brain injury cases, truck accidents, wrongful death claims in St. Louis, and more for more than 20 years. Contact us today for more information.
Table of Contents
How Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You in a Product Liability Case in St. Louis
Product liability is a notoriously complex area of law. Manufacturers and retailers fight back against defective product claims with an army of attorneys. They know they risk not only a single claim but also a class-action lawsuit. You deserve an experienced personal injury attorney in St. Louis with the expertise to handle your case.
Founding attorney E. Ryan Bradley began his legal career defending insurance companies, and he puts this insight to work on your case. Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers holds the prestigious AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell rating and a Superb 10.0 AVVO rating because of our dedication to our clients.
Choose Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers to represent you in your case, and we will:
- Conduct a careful investigation into your case to document the type of defect
- Investigate whether the product has caused similar injuries among other consumers
- Work with experts to develop the strongest case possible and prove how and why the product is defective
- Negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- Take your case to court if necessary
- Offer sound legal advice and guidance at every stage of your case
If you or a loved one suffered injury or death due to a dangerous product, Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you. Contact our law office in St. Louis, Missouri today to speak with a product liability lawyer about your case.
How Common Are Dangerous Product Injuries in Missouri?
Every year, tens of thousands of Americans are injured by defective products. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has documented over 29 million injuries and 21,000 deaths in the U.S. linked to dangerous products.
Vehicles and vehicle components are among the most dangerous types of products. When a vehicle component is defective, it can lead to a collision or failure to protect occupants in a crash. There were more than 1,000 automotive recalls that affected 35 million people in 2018 alone. These recalls included vehicles, airbags, seatbelts, and brakes.
Sadly, products intended for children are also a common source of recalls and defects. There were 100,000 reported injuries among children and 70 deaths linked to products like sleepers, cribs, and playpens in 2017.
Dangerous drugs also commonly cause injuries. One study found nearly one-third of prescription drugs approved by the FDA go onto the market with unidentified side effects.
Defective medical devices are another common source of injury and death, and the rate of medical device failure is on the rise. Between 2008 and 2017, dangerous medical devices caused an estimated 1.7 million injuries and 83,000 deaths. Software issues have become a leading cause of medical device recalls. Between 2015 and 2018, medical device recalls increased 126%, with 343 recalls of 208 million units.
Overview of Product Liability in Missouri
Product liability is an area of law that holds manufacturers and retailers liable for allowing dangerous products onto the market. Under Missouri law, products must meet certain expectations of safety. If an inherently dangerous design or defect causes an injury, a manufacturer can be held liable.
Under Missouri law, product liability claims can be brought under strict liability if:
- The defendant transferred the product in the course of their business, and
- The product was used in a way reasonably anticipated;
- The product was defective due to unreasonable dangers when used as expected and/or,
- The product was unreasonably dangerous when used in a way reasonably anticipated without knowledge of its characteristics.
This law allows injured consumers to hold manufacturers, sellers, and third-party assemblers accountable for dangerous products without proving negligence.
What Makes a Product Dangerous?
There are three primary types of product liability cases in Missouri:
- Manufacturing defect happens when a product is being assembled or manufactured. It may affect one or more products. This could include, for example, a cracked component that poses a danger during use or contamination in prescription medication.
- A design defect refers to an error in the product’s design that makes it unreasonably dangerous. The defect affects all products in the line.
- Failure to warn happens when a product’s marketing or instructions are defective. This may happen if the company did not warn consumers of known risks associated with the use of the product.
All three types of defects can make a product dangerous to consumers.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Cases
Virtually any type of product can be dangerous or defective.
At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent consumers who have been injured by all types of defective products, including:
- Airbags, brakes, and other vehicle components
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective medical devices
- Car seats, cribs, playpens, and other products for babies and small children
- Household appliances
- Machinery and equipment
- Power tools
- And more
If any type of product caused your injury, you may have a claim against the manufacturer, wholesaler, or retailer. Our law office is ready to help you build your case for compensation.
What Is My Product Liability Case Worth?
Every defective product case is unique, and there is no easy way to calculate the value of your case.
During a consultation with an experienced product liability lawyer, we will explore factors that may affect your claim’s value, such as:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- Whether you were disfigured, impaired, or disabled
- How your injuries will affect your life in the future
- The type of defect, how many people were affected, and the circumstances
- How you were using the product at the time of injury
- Whether your case qualifies for strict liability or negligence
Contact Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. We will discuss what your claim may be worth and how strong we think your case is against the manufacturer.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Recover for My Dangerous Product Injury in St. Louis, MO?
When you are hurt by a dangerous product, you may be entitled to compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. These types of compensation are designed to make you as whole as you were before your injury.
A product liability claim allows you to seek compensation for the following:
- Property damage
- Medical bills, including reasonable future medical expenses related to your injury
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity and employment benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we will fight to hold the manufacturer accountable for the dangerous product they allowed on the market.
We’ll Fight for Compensation for All the Dangerous Product Injuries You Suffered
Dangerous products such as toys, furniture, tools, and medical devices can cause all types of injuries ranging from minor to serious or even fatal.
At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we help consumers who have suffered serious injuries due to dangerous products, such as:
- Eye injuries
- Facial injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Organ damage
- Traumatic amputation
If you have been hurt by a dangerous or defective product, contact Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers today. We will help you explore your legal options and pursue the fair compensation you deserve.
How Do I Prove a Product Liability Case in St. Louis, Missouri?
Under Missouri law, it is not always necessary to prove negligence in a product liability case. Manufacturers can be held strictly liable for dangerous products.
Under strict liability law, a manufacturer can be held liable for injuries even if they did not behave negligently or unreasonably. To prove a strict product liability case, the threshold is whether the product was “unreasonably dangerous.”
To determine strict liability, a jury can consider:
- Whether a reasonable person could have anticipated the danger
- Whether the manufacturer or seller could have anticipated the way it was used
- How marketing or instructions could have been clearer
- Whether changes in the design could have made the product safer without unreasonable additional costs.
Manufacturers can defend themselves from product liability claims in many ways. They may claim you were using the product in a way that it was not intended to be used. They may also argue that your carelessness caused your injury.
Proving a product liability case is notoriously complicated. It’s crucial to consult with experienced St. Louis product liability lawyers to discuss your case. Depending on the circumstances, the manufacturer may be held liable under strict liability law, or you may have a claim involving negligence.
How Long Do I Have to File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Missouri?
The statute of limitations for a product liability case in Missouri is five years. If your claim is not filed before this deadline, you will lose your legal right to seek compensation from the manufacturer or retailer.
Do not delay in pursuing your claim. Your case may require a time-consuming investigation and may result in a class-action lawsuit. Delays can allow crucial evidence to be lost.
Contact a St. Louis Product Liability Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Have you been seriously hurt by a dangerous product or medical device? Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you hold the manufacturer accountable for your injuries. Contact our law office for a free case review with a St. Louis product liability lawyer ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our St. Louis personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Birth Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Boating Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Child Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Jet Ski Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Premises Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in St. Louis, MO