If someone else contributed to your accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. An experienced Kansas City motorcycle accident lawyer from The Bradley Law Firm can help you fight your claim. Contact our law firm at (314) 400-0000 to schedule a free case review to discuss how we can help you.
Our law office has fought for motorcycle crash victims and families for over 20 years.
How The Bradley Law Firm Can Help You After a Motorcycle Accident in Kansas City, MO
Have you been involved in a serious motorcycle collision? At The Bradley Law Firm, we understand the serious nature of motorcycle crashes. While motorcyclists accept that they do not have the protection of a vehicle in a crash, that does not mean they deserve the financial fallout of their motorcycle injuries.
The insurance company may try to minimize the severity of your injuries, blame you for your crash, or offer a low-ball settlement when you need money the most. Our experienced personal injury lawyers in Kansas City can help you protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
The Bradley Law Firm is frequently featured in the Missouri Lawyers’ Weekly for securing the state’s top verdicts and settlements. Indeed, our law firm was recognized recently for having the “most winning cases.” Thanks to our hard work, we hold a 10.0 Superb AVVO rating and the highest Martindale-Hubbell rating.
Count on The Bradley Law Firm to represent you in Kansas City, Missouri, and we will:
- Give you personal attention and insightful legal advice
- Perform an investigation into your accident to identify responsible parties and gather evidence
- Work with experts to prove causation, negligence, and the extent of your damages
- Handle all administrative tasks and communications
- Negotiate on your behalf to seek a settlement offer that fairly compensates you
- Take your case before a jury to fight for maximum compensation if a fair settlement is not offered
You do not have to take on the insurance company alone. The compassionate Kansas City motorcycle accident lawyers at The Bradley Law Firm are here to help. Call us today for a free case review to find out more.
The Personal Injury Lawyers At Bradley Law Have The Largest Motorcycle Accident Compensation in The History of Missouri
Ryan Bradley holds the record for winning the largest motorcycle accident recovery in Missouri State history. While trying the case before a jury in 2016, attorney Bradley negotiated a $14.25 Million settlement for his catastrophically injured client. Check out the video testimonial below to discover how Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers was able to win such a monumental award from the client himself.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Kansas City?
Missouri has one of the lowest rates of motorcycle ownership in the country. Still, motorcycle crashes are all too common in Kansas City. Motorcycles were involved in 2,051 of the 151,000 traffic accidents in Missouri in 2019. There were 119 fatal motorcycle crashes in the state in 2019, killing 121 people.
Jackson County, including Kansas City, had more motorcycle crashes than any other county in Missouri. In 2019, the county had 287 motorcycle collisions, resulting in 16 deaths.
What is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
The value of a motorcycle accident case in Kansas City depends on many factors. There is no magic calculator or formula. We will start by calculating your economic damages, including future economic losses due to reduced earning capacity and medical bills.
We may multiply these economic damages by a factor of 1.5 to 5 to get a sense of your non-economic damages. This multiplier is based on the severity of your injuries. This sum will give us a place to begin negotiations with the insurance company.
However, the amount of insurance coverage available can limit the value of your case. Whether your case settles or goes to a jury can also affect its value.
The best way to estimate the value of your motorcycle injury case is to schedule a free consultation with the Kansas City motorcycle accident lawyers at The Bradley Law Firm.
What Damages Can Motorcycle Accident Victims Recover in Kansas City, Missouri?
Missouri law allows you to seek fair compensation for your damages after someone else causes your accident. You can recover economic damages to compensate for financial losses and non-economic damages for your personal losses.
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Property damage to your motorcycle
- Medical bills, which includes current medical expenses and future medical care
- Lost wages for time off work
- Reduced or lost earning capacity due to disability or impairment
- Non-economic losses, including disfigurement, pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life
Punitive damages can be used to punish a defendant for wanton disregard for human life, but juries rarely award them. Different damages are available in wrongful death claims filed by surviving family members after a fatal motorcycle crash.
Am I Still Entitled to Compensation if I’m Partially at Fault for a Motorcycle Crash in Kansas City, MO?
Under Missouri’s pure comparative negligence rule, accident victims are still entitled to recover damages even if they are partially at fault. This rule allows multiple parties to be assigned fault for a crash. You can recover money even if you are 99% to blame, but your damages will be reduced in proportion to your share of fault.
Insurance companies may try to blame you for your injuries even when you did not contribute to your accident. Every percentage of fault they shift to you directly reduces their liability.
Call The Bradley Law Firm for a free consultation so we can help you fight back against their blame-shifting tactics.
We Will Fight to Recover Full Compensation for All the Motorcycle Accident Injuries You Sustained
At The Bradley Law Firm, we recognize that motorcycle crashes almost always cause injuries. In 2019, 86% of motorcycle accidents in Missouri resulted in injuries, and 6% resulted in a death.
We will use our years of experience to fight for maximum compensation for injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Internal injuries
- Nerve damage
- Chest injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries, including road rash
Do not let the insurance company minimize the severity of your injuries. Call The Bradley Law Firm for help. We have been recognized as having the most reported winning cases and some of the top settlements and verdicts in the state.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Crashes in Kansas City, MO?
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the most common types of motorcycle accidents in Missouri in 2019 were:
- Motorcycle-car accident: 689 injuries and 61 deaths
- Overturn accidents: 430 injuries and 20 deaths
- Crashes with fixed objects: 239 injuries and 28 deaths
- Collisions with animals: 67 injuries and 6 deaths
Nearly two dozen contributing causes were identified in these accidents.
Leading causes of Kansas City motorcycle accidents included:
- Alcohol: 82 accidents and 15 deaths
- Drugs: 25 accidents and 13 deaths
- Inattentive or distracted driving: 89 crashes and 3 deaths
- Failure to yield: 86 crashes and 1 death
- Following too closely: 134 crashes and 3 deaths
- Improper lane change or use: 180 accidents and 21 deaths
- Speeding: 147 accidents and 22 deaths
- Driving too fast for conditions: 319 crashes and 22 deaths
- Vehicle defects: 70 accidents and 2 deaths
- Failing to obey a signal or traffic sign: 43 accidents and 2 deaths
It’s important to note that many parties can share liability in a crash. There are often several contributing factors as well. It’s more common for a passenger vehicle driver to cause a crash with a motorcyclist than the motorcycle rider, but motorcyclists can also cause a crash.
Part of the problem is a phenomenon known as inattentional blindness. The brain can enter an automatic mode to scan for dangers while driving. When the brain filters information, motorcycles are given a low priority because the brain does not recognize them as another vehicle.
How Do I Prove Negligence in a Motorcycle Accident in Missouri?
To successfully recover compensation after an accident, you must show the other party was at fault, typically through negligence. This means the other party acted or did not act in a way that a reasonable person would have acted in the situation.
There are four elements to proving negligence:
- The other party owed you a duty of care. In a vehicle accident, this is typically the duty all motorists owe to others on the road to obey traffic laws and drive with reasonable care.
- The other party breached their duty of care. They may have been speeding, driving under the influence, distracted, carelessly changing lanes, or otherwise failing to exercise caution.
- This breach of duty led to the accident.
- You suffered damages as a result of the crash.
Your Kansas City motorcycle accident lawyer will conduct an independent investigation into your crash to gather crucial evidence.
There are many types of evidence that can be used to build a strong case for negligence, including:
- Traffic citations or arrests related to the crash, such as a speeding ticket or DUI arrest
- Cell phone records if distraction is suspected
- Accident report from the police
- Dash cam or traffic cam footage
- Witness statements
The Bradley Law Firm may also work with specialists to interpret evidence and provide testimony that strengthens your case. Experts can help determine how an accident happened and the extent of your damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Accident in Missouri?
If you miss this deadline to file your lawsuit, you will not be entitled to any compensation from the at-fault party. Delays can also weaken your case and make it harder to establish negligence. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Kansas City to help you protect your claim.
Contact a Kansas City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Motorcycle crashes are often devastating and result in permanent or life-changing injuries. You do not have to fight the insurance company alone or settle for less than you deserve. Call The Bradley Law Firm for a free consultation with an aggressive Kansas City motorcycle accident lawyer committed to pursuing the money you need to move forward with your life.