Were you seriously hurt in a car crash in Kansas City, MO? The Bradley Law Firm has fought tirelessly for accident victims and their families for more than 20 years. Call our attorneys for a free case review at (314) 400-0000 to discuss how a Kansas City car accident lawyer can help you.
You may be entitled to compensation from the driver at fault for your lost earnings, medical bills, and more. When you are facing financial uncertainty and an unsympathetic insurance company, an experienced car accident lawyer can help.
Kansas City Car Accident Resources
- How The Bradley Law Firm Can Help You After a Car Crash in Kansas City?
- How Common Are Car Accidents in Kansas City, MO?
- What is My Car Accident Case Worth?
- What Damages Can I Recover After I Had A Car Accident in Kansas City, MO?
- Can I Still Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for My Car Crash in Kansas City, MO?
- What Causes Most Car Accidents in Kansas City, MO?
- How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Crash in Kansas City?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Kansas City, Missouri?
- Contact a Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Evaluation
How The Bradley Law Firm Can Help You After a Car Crash in Kansas City?
After a serious car crash, you may be unsure where to turn. Bills may be mounting while you are unable to work. You may be facing significant car repair costs and medical expenses. The insurance company may be quick to offer a settlement, but you should not accept their offer without speaking to a Kansas City personal injury attorney, especially if your injuries were serious.
Insurance companies often make low-ball initial offers hoping you will accept and go away. Their offer may not even cover your immediate costs, let alone any future medical expenses or lost earnings. Our law firm is committed to serving as your advocate. We will seek fair compensation that fully reimburses you for the damages you have suffered.
The Bradley Law Firm is often featured in the Missouri Lawyers’ Weekly for securing the state’s top verdicts and settlements for injured clients. This feat includes the largest settlement and verdict for the year and the #6 overall largest verdict. Founding attorney E. Ryan Bradley is a Top 100 Trial Lawyer and AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Choose our law firm to handle you in your case. We focus on Jackson County to help you with:
- Offering legal advice, support, and the personal attention you need
- Perform an independent investigation into your accident to document all the information
- Work with experts in many fields to strengthen your case
- Handle all communications and negotiations on your behalf
- Present a persuasive, evidence-based case to a jury if the insurance company does not agree to a fair offer
You don’t deserve a fight with an insurance adjuster or the financial burden of someone else’s negligence. The Bradley Law is committed to giving you the best legal representation possible. Unlike some injury attorneys in Missouri, we have extensive courtroom experience, and we are not afraid to go before a jury.
Call our Kansas City law office today to meet with an experienced attorney ready to help each one of our clients. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you have nothing to lose. Pay no attorney’s fees unless we get compensation for you.
How Common Are Car Accidents in Kansas City, MO?
In 2019, there were over 157,000 traffic accidents in Missouri. Around 819 of these crashes were fatal, resulting in 881 deaths. Almost 38,000 of the accidents resulted in injury to over 55,000 people.
Most accidents in Missouri occur in unincorporated areas or outside the cities. However, Kansas City leads all Missouri cities in car crashes. In 2019, there were almost 20,500 car collisions in the City of Fountains resulting in 79 fatalities and over 8,700 injuries. There were over 25% more crashes in Kansas City than in Saint Louis.
What is My Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of an injury case can’t be easily estimated without a careful assessment of the many unique factors of your situation. To value your case, we may begin with your economic damages. This includes your current and anticipated long-term medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and reduced earning capacity.
The best way to understand how much your case is worth is through a consultation with a car accident attorney to analyze all the information. Talk to our team today to discuss what your case may be worth.
What Damages Can I Recover After I Had A Car Accident in Kansas City, MO?
If you are successful in proving someone else caused your accident, you may be entitled to three broad forms of compensation:
- Economic damages are available in every successful claim. These damages compensate you for the financial losses you went through.
- Non-economic damages compensate for personal, abstract losses that do not have a clear value. They include pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages are available in rare cases where the defendant displayed a wanton disregard for human life or gross negligence. For instance, drunk drivers may be punished with punitive damages.
You may get compensation for a wide range of losses, including:
- Property damage
- Diminished earning capacity
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
If a loved one died in a collision, the surviving family members can recover compensation through a wrongful death claim.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for My Car Crash in Kansas City, MO?
Missouri uses a pure comparative negligence rule to assign liability when more than one party is at fault for an accident. You are still entitled to recover damages from any driver that was at fault if you were partially to blame for your crash.
However, the damages will be reduced based on your share of fault. If you suffered $50,000 in damages but a jury finds you 25% to blame, you will get just $37,5000 (75%).
Insurance companies routinely attempt to shift blame to accident victims to reduce their own liability. If you are being blamed for your accident, it’s crucial to consult with an experienced injury lawyer near you to fight back.
We’ll Fight for the Full Compensation You Deserve for Your Injuries
Every year, traffic accidents send over 2.3 million people to emergency rooms across the United States. While most people are able to recover fully from their injuries, many are left with chronic pain, impairment, or disability. Our team is committed to pursuing the full compensation you deserve for the injuries you sustained.
We represent injury victims who have suffered serious injuries such as:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Internal injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Chest injuries
- Joint injuries
- Nerve damage
We will fight for full compensation so you can get the treatment you need and enjoy the best quality of life possible. Reach out to our law office today to discuss how we can help you.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in Kansas City, MO?
About 94% of all car accidents are the result of human error. This can include anything from texting while driving to speeding, tailgating, and running red lights.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol reported the following causes in 2019:
- Speeding was a factor in 10% of car collisions and 32% of traffic fatalities.
- Drugged and drunk driving contributed to over 500 crashes.
- Aggressive driving was a factor in 45% of crashes and 63% of traffic deaths.
- Striking a fixed object occurred in over 13% of accidents. However, these accidents were responsible for 33% of traffic deaths. Many also involved alcohol and/or speeding.
These collisions are frequently attributed to these additional causes:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Improper lane change or use
- Inattentive driving
- Misjudging stopping distance
- Unfamiliarity with the roadway
- Distracted driving, which is estimated to cause 400,000 injuries and over 3,000 deaths in the U.S. every year.
Your injury lawyer will carefully examine evidence and have experts determine the cause of your crash. After determining how the accident happened, we will hold the negligent parties accountable.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Crash in Kansas City?
To win your case, you must show that another party caused your crash and your resulting injuries. Most cases are typically based on negligence, which requires establishing four key elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached this duty
- The breach of duty caused your crash
- You have damages as a result of the crash
Your attorney will investigate your accident, review accident reports, gather evidence, and work with specialists as needed. We may consult with experts during the process to provide expert testimony. Specialists can strengthen your case in many ways.
Accident reconstruction specialists, for instance, can give testimony as to how the accident occurred and what role the defendant’s behavior played in causing the crash. Economic and medical experts can substantiate your damages with testimony on the extent of your injuries, your ability to do your job, and the income you will lose.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Kansas City, Missouri?
Under Missouri law, you have five years from the date of your accident to file an injury lawsuit. This statute of limitations is reduced to three years for wrongful death claims. If you miss the deadline by even a day, you will be barred from recovering anything.
Do not delay starting with your case. The longer you wait to consult with an attorney, the harder it becomes to investigate your crash. Witnesses may become harder to locate, surveillance footage may be deleted, and other crucial evidence proving fault may disappear.
Contact a Kansas City Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Evaluation
A car accident can change your life forever. The team at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is committed to serve the Kansas City community and fight for all the injury victims. Contact us online, call our phone at (314) 400-0000, or see the directions to visit us and meet with a helpful attorney to discuss your situation.
Recent Blog Posts
- What is MCS-90?
- Is It Legal to Drive Barefoot in Missouri?
- What Happens When You Are At-Fault for a Car Accident in Kansas City, MO?
Car Accident Resources
- Can I Be Reimbursed for Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
- The Important Role of Experts in Injury Cases
- Types of Damages Available in Injury Cases
Local Repair Shops Nearby
- Grisham Auto Service – 4001 N Prather Rd, Kansas City, MO 64116
- Northtowne Lincoln Service – 21 NE Vivion Rd, Kansas City, MO 64118
- Firestone Complete Auto Care – 5128 NE Antioch Rd, Kansas City, MO 64119
- Acton’s Auto Services – 4219 NE Antioch Rd, Kansas City, MO 64117
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Car Accidents Infographic