A car accident in Kansas City, Missouri, can change your life forever in a matter of seconds. Injuries from car accidents can cause lifelong impairments and disabilities. You deserve fair compensation from the driver who caused your accident.
Our Kansas City car accident lawyers at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers have recovered over $70 million in jury verdicts and settlements since 2002. We work with you to maximize your recovery for a car accident claim. We have decades of combined experience handling personal injury claims. Contact us today.
We are available 24/7 to discuss your car accident case—call (816) 408-3448 to schedule a free consultation.
Table of Contents
How Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You With a Car Accident Claim in Kansas City, Missouri
When you are fighting to recover compensation for car accident injuries, you need a legal team dedicated to advocating for the rights of injured victims on your side. At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, our Kansas City personal injury attorneys are nationally recognized trial lawyers with a demonstrated track record of success.
Our Missouri personal injury lawyers have an AV Preeminent rating with Martindale-Hubbel and a Superb 10.0 rating with Avvo. We are recognized for our exceptional legal services and commitment to our clients by Super Lawyers, the Missouri Association of Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, and other leading legal organizations.
When you hire our award-winning car accident lawyers in Kansas City, you can expect us to:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances that led to your car crash
- Gather evidence to support your claim for damages
- Identify all parties who could share liability for your claim
- Work with leading expert witnesses to strengthen the evidence in your case when needed
- File an insurance claim and handle all matters with the insurance company
- Determine the value of your damages to calculate how much your car accident case is worth
- Aggressively negotiate with the insurance company to obtain a fair settlement
- Prepare and file a lawsuit and take your case before a jury if necessary
You are not required to accept whatever amount the insurance company offers to settle your claim. You have the right to negotiate for a better settlement.
Call Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free case analysis with an experienced car accident lawyer in Kansas City, MO.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Kansas City, MO
Kansas City car accident injuries include minor injuries that heal within a few weeks to catastrophic injuries that cause long-term impairments. Common injuries from Kansas City car accidents include:
- Soft tissue injuries, including sprains, strains, and nerve damage
- Internal bleeding and damage to internal organs
- Traumatic brain injury, skull fractures, and concussions
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Spinal cord injuries, including partial and total paralysis
- Back injuries, including fractured vertebrae and herniated discs
- Severe burns
- Crushing injuries
- Injuries to knees, shoulders, hips, wrists, and other joints
- Loss of vision or hearing
- Emotional and mental injury, including depression, anxiety, and PTSD
Many car accident injuries are apparent at the accident scene. However, some victims may experience delayed onset injuries after a car accident.
Accident victims should seek immediate medical treatment after a car accident. A complete examination can identify injuries you might not be aware of immediately following the crash. Furthermore, the medical records document any symptoms you might have that could worsen over the weeks or months after the crash.
How Do Injuries From Kansas City Car Accidents Impact a Personal Injury Settlement?
Most car accident victims can recover compensation for their economic damages. These damages include, but are not limited to:
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Personal and/or nursing care
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Reduction in earning capacity
Accident victims can also recover compensation for pain and suffering or non-economic damages. These damages include:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Impairments and disabilities
The types of injuries you sustain can impact the value of your damages. All injuries can result in damages. However, traumatic and catastrophic injuries generally increase damages.
For example, a spinal cord injury is more expensive to treat than whiplash. A spinal cord injury could result in permanent paralysis, which could require ongoing personal and/or nursing care. Therefore, the medical bills for a spinal cord injury could be significantly higher.
The duration of your recovery and the types of medical treatments you receive impact the value of your damages as well. A broken leg could result in two months out of work compared to a sprain, which might keep you out of work for a few days. As a result, your lost wages would increase with the severity of your injury.
Catastrophic injuries can result in permanent impairments. The victim may suffer overwhelming emotional distress and a decrease in quality of life. Therefore, non-economic damages would increase in value.
An experienced Kansas City car accident lawyer can help maximize your damages for a personal injury case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Kansas City Car Accident Attorneys
Call Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers today to request a free case review if you’ve been hurt in a crash Our Kansas City car accident lawyers will work hard to obtain full compensation for you based on all of the injuries and damages you have sustained.