Rollover accidents are some of the scariest and deadliest car accidents a person can be involved in. Many rollover accidents result in the tragic loss of loved ones. In accidents where the victims survive, they may be left with permanent or disfiguring injuries that affect the rest of their lives.
The Kansas City car accident lawyers at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers understand the human and financial costs rollover accidents can cause. We will work tirelessly to fight for the justice and financial accountability you deserve.
In 20 years of practice, our law firm has recovered over $70 million in verdicts and settlements for our deserving clients. Contact us today at (816) 408-3448 to discuss your rollover accident in Kansas City, Missouri with a personal injury attorney.
Table of Contents
How Our Kansas City Car Accident Attorneys Can Assist You After a Rollover Accident
For over 20 years, our team has fought zealously to advocate for the rights of our clients. We know how to advance your claim so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
Our Kansas City personal injury lawyers can handle all of the other details and:
- Ensure you receive the medical care you need
- Explain your legal rights and options
- Independently investigate why the vehicle rolled over
- Work closely with your medical team
- File insurance claims on your behalf
- Fight for fair compensation for your accident claim
Contact our law office in Kansas City, MO today to schedule your free case review.
Are Rollover Accidents Common?
The Insurance Information for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that 30% of all fatal crashes in 2020 in the United States involved rollovers. That year, 7,182 occupants in passenger vehicle rollover crashes died.
Why Do Vehicles Roll Over?
Rollover accidents are usually caused by one or more of the following:
The IIHS reports that most rollover crashes in 2020 began with impact before the rollover.
Common causes of driver errors that can result in a rollover crash include:
Our Kansas City car accident attorneys will identify the driver error that caused your collision to ensure that we hold the responsible driver accountable.
Some vehicle designs are more prone to rollover than others. Additionally, defective tires or other car components can result in rollover accidents. We can determine if a product defect contributed to your accident.
Dangerous roads, such as those with sharp turns, missing signage, or road debris, can also cause rollover crashes.
Rollover accidents can cause significant damages, but you will not be able to recover any compensation unless and until you can prove someone else is to blame for the crash. A seasoned Kansas City personal injury attorney can conduct a thorough investigation and retain accident reconstruction experts to prove how the crash occurred and why the defendant is liable.
Common Injuries in Kansas City Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents are crashes in which one of the vehicles rotates 90 degrees or more. The vehicle may wind up on its side, its roof, or back in its original position. The force involved in a vehicle rolling over can cause occupants to slam into hard surfaces and be violently jerked about the vehicle. Sometimes, vehicle occupants can be ejected from the vehicle.
Many rollover car accident victims suffer catastrophic injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Permanent disabilities
- Fractures and broken bones
- Scarring and disfigurement
These injuries can result in expensive medical costs and other life-altering financial damages.
How Much Is My Kansas City Rollover Accident Case Worth?
Rollover accidents can result in significant damages, both financial and non-financial.
You may be able to recover compensation for the damages you’ve suffered, including:
- Medical expenses – The medical expenses following a rollover accident can be astronomical. You may incur expenses for emergency treatment, ambulance costs, hospitalization, specialist visits, rehabilitation, physical therapy, counseling, medication, and other medical services and treatments.
- Lost income – After sustaining a serious injury, you may not be able to return to work for a significant period of time. You can recover compensation for your lost wages, as well as any loss or reduction in your future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering – Catastrophic injuries may be followed by a long recovery period and substantial pain and suffering.
- Property damage – Your vehicle may be inoperable after a rollover accident, and you can seek compensation for these financial losses.
- Household services – If you are unable to perform normal routine activities because of your accident injuries, you may be able to receive compensation to pay a third party for them.
- Home renovations – If you suffer a permanent disability, you may need to make renovations to your home, such as making the interior wheelchair accessible or adding a ramp.
A seasoned lawyer in Kansas City can help gather medical and financial records to help establish the full extent of your losses.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Kansas City Auto Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a rollover accident in Kansas City, MO? Did you lose a loved one in a rollover accident? Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Contact us now for a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable rollover accident lawyers in Kansas City.