Have you been injured in a left-turn car accident in Kansas City, MO? Do you believe your accident was the result of another party’s negligence? If so, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills and other losses resulting from the accident.
How Bradley Law Can Help After a Left-Turn Car Accident in Kansas City
After a car accident in Missouri, you can pursue compensation by filing a claim to collect from the at-fault party’s insurance provider.
Unfortunately, insurance companies are focused on their profits. They’re not inclined to pay injury victims if they can find a way to avoid it. So, it’s smart to level the playing field and make these companies play by the rules. How? By hiring an experienced Kansas City car accident lawyer.
At Bradley Law, our team of attorneys boasts more than 30 years of collective legal experience. We’ve won more than $70 million on behalf of injury victims just like you. Call us for help, and we’ll do everything we can to put well-deserved compensation in your pocket, too.
As we navigate your car accident case, we will:
- Investigate the accident to identify the liable party or parties
- Gather evidence to establish causation, fault, and liability
- Work with experts to calculate the value of your claim based on the extent and severity of your losses and injuries
- Negotiate with the insurance company/companies for a fair settlement
- Litigate your case before a judge and jury, if necessary.
Right now, your focus should be on your recovery. We’ll handle the claims process on your behalf. We’ll leverage our 30+ years of litigation experience to put you in the best position to get the money you deserve. Call to learn more and schedule a free case evaluation today.
How Common Are Left-Turn Car Accidents?
Data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration indicates that left turns are a “critical factor” in approximately 22.2% of auto accidents on America’s roads. That means left-turn accidents account for nearly a quarter of all auto accidents in the country every year.
Left-turn accidents typically occur at busy intersections. Thus, they tend to be more likely to happen in cities where intersections are relatively abundant, such as Kansas City. Unfortunately, statistics reveal that fatal traffic accidents are on the rise here.
What Causes Kansas City Left-Turn Accidents?
There are a lot of different reasons why left turns lead to or result in collisions.
- Failure to check blind spots when turning
- Obstructed views
- Failure to properly judge another driver’s speed
- Failure to accurately determine the distance across the intersection
- Failure to signal a turn
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Vehicle defects
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs.
Most often, car accidents that involve a vehicle making a left-hand turn happen because one of the drivers isn’t paying enough attention or doesn’t know the local laws and customs. When negligence plays a role in a collision, it can mean that injured parties have the right to seek compensation for their suffering.
What Types of Injuries May Result From a Kansas City Left-Turn Accident?
A left-turn accident can involve one car striking another at a high rate of speed. Depending on how the vehicles collide, a left-turn accident could be a T-bone accident or a head-on collision.
These are serious accidents and tend to result in the most catastrophic of injuries, such as:
- Broken and/or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal organ injury
- Disfigurement, and
The injuries you could be left with as a result of a Kansas City left-turn accident can require costly medical treatment, prevent you from working, and even permanently impact your quality of life. Our Kansas City personal injury attorneys will account for all such losses and consequences when determining how much compensation you should seek.
Who’s Liable For a Left-Hand-Turn Car Accident?
Liability extends to anyone who caused or contributed to the accident – even indirectly.
This might be:
- The driver executing the left-hand turn
- The driver who struck the turning vehicle
- Bicyclists or pedestrians who jumped into or impeded traffic, setting off a chain of events that directly led to the collision
- Companies responsible for manufacturing a defective vehicle component, like brakes, if the faulty part contributed to the crash
- Government agencies, if a hazardous road condition (e.g., obstructed signage, severely damaged pavement, poorly designed intersection) led to the wreck
- The employer of the at-fault party.
Keep in mind that Missouri operates under a comparative fault law. If you were determined to be negligent yourself in any capacity, the amount of compensation you’re entitled to recover could be reduced.
These are among the many reasons it’s important to seek legal representation after a Kansas City left-turn accident. Our attorneys are prepared to identify the negligent parties and defend you against allegations regarding your own negligence.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers
At Bradley Law, our Kansas City car accident attorneys have a proven track record of helping victims like yourself recover the compensation they deserve. If you’ve suffered injuries in a left-turn car accident, call us today or contact us online to schedule our free consultation.