Has a truck accident in Kansas City, MO, left you with life-changing injuries? For over 20 years, Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers has tirelessly represented accident victims and their families in pursuing fair compensation. Call our law firm at (816) 408-3448 for a free consultation with a Kansas City truck accident lawyer.
Truck accidents are almost always serious and have a high rate of fatalities and catastrophic injuries. You may be entitled to money for your lost earnings, medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
How Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Truck Accident in Kansas City, MO
An accident involving a tractor-trailer or semi-truck can leave you with serious injuries and financial uncertainty. It may take many months or even years to settle your case with the insurance company. Rest assured, they will pressure you to take less than you deserve and may even blame you for the crash. You deserve an experienced Kansas City personal injury attorney to help you fight for the compensation you need.
Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is frequently featured in Missouri Lawyers’ Weekly for securing the state’s top verdicts and settlements. We have been recognized for “the most winning cases in Missouri.” This dedication has earned us prestigious designations, including a 10.0 AVVO rating and Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating.
When you choose Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers to represent you in your truck accident case in Kansas City, Missouri, you can depend on us to:
- Provide sound legal advice, personal attention, and support
- Handle all communications and administrative tasks
- Perform a thorough independent investigation into your crash to gather evidence and identify possible avenues for compensation
- Work with experts in numerous fields to develop a strong negligence case
- Accurately value the full extent of your current and future losses to negotiate for a fair settlement
- Present a compelling case before a jury if a fair offer is not made
You do not need to go up against well-funded insurance companies alone. Call Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers for the representation you deserve. There are no out-of-pocket costs, and we work on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in Missouri?
Large commercial vehicles make up just 4% of the vehicles on American roads, but they are involved in about 14% of fatal collisions. Over 95% of truck accident fatalities involve passenger vehicle occupants.
In 2018, there were 146 fatalities in commercial vehicle crashes in Missouri alone, an increase of 30% from 2014.
Between 2016 and 2018, there were 29 fatalities involving commercial vehicles in Kansas City. During this time, there were also 86 commercial truck crashes with serious injuries.
What is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
There is no way to estimate the value of a commercial vehicle accident case without a careful assessment.
Many factors can influence the value of your case, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether you suffered long-term impairment, disability, and/or disfigurement
- How your injuries will impact your ability to work, quality of life, and overall health
- Whether you contributed to your crash
- The amount of insurance coverage available
The best way to determine the value of your case is through a free consultation. Contact Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free case review with a Kansas City truck accident attorney to discuss what your case may be worth.
What Compensation Can I Recover After a Truck Accident in Kansas City, Missouri?
Accident victims in Missouri are entitled to recover economic and non-economic damages from the at-fault party.
These damages include compensation for the following:
- Property damage
- Medical care, including future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to your job
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Punitive damages are rare. Juries award punitive damages to punish a defendant for wanton disregard for human life.
A wrongful death claim involving a truck accident allows surviving family members to pursue additional damages.
Can I Still Recover Damages if I’m Partially at Fault for My Truck Accident in Kansas City, MO?
Is the insurance company blaming you for the crash? It’s common for traffic accidents to involve shared blame. Missouri addresses this with a pure comparative negligence doctrine.
This rule allows you to recover damages even if you are up to 99% at fault for your accident. However, if you are found partially at fault, your recovery is reduced based on your share of liability.
We Will Fight for Full Compensation for the Truck Accident Injuries You Sustained
Accidents involving large trucks often result in devastating injuries. At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we are committed to helping you pursue full compensation for the serious injuries you sustained.
We represent accident victims who have suffered:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic amputation
- Back injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Facial injuries
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Joint injuries
If you or a loved one have been seriously hurt in a truck crash, contact our law office today for the legal representation you deserve.
What Causes Most Truck Crashes in Kansas City, Missouri?
According to the Large Truck Crash Causation Study, nearly 87% of accidents involving large trucks are caused by human error. This is lower than the rate of car crashes caused by human error.
Another study found the most common causes of truck accidents are:
In Missouri, most fatal accidents involving a truck or big rig are caused by failing to yield the right of way, improper lane change, and distracted driving.
There is a misconception that truck drivers are often to blame for commercial truck crashes. The truth is other motorists are usually to blame. The Missouri Department of Transportation reports truck drivers are to blame in 40% or fewer crashes.
About 10% of truck crashes are attributed to defective parts like brakes or tires. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requires all large trucks to receive regular inspections for the brake system, steering system, and lights.
The FMCSA also has hours of service regulations that limit how long a trucker can be on the road. These rules are designed to prevent driver fatigue, a common and major risk factor for commercial vehicle accidents.
How Do I Prove Fault in a Kansas City Truck Accident?
Truck crashes often require an in-depth investigation, which may be carried out by local police and federal authorities. Your trucking accident lawyer will also investigate your accident to determine how it happened and who is ultimately at fault. Recovering compensation requires proving one or more parties were negligent.
Multiple parties can share liability for a truck crash, including:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Cargo loading companies
- Maintenance and inspection companies
- Truck manufacturers
- Other motorists
Building a case for negligence requires evidence such as:
- Truck driver logs
- Truck inspection or maintenance logs
- Black box data from the truck
- Police reports
- NTSB investigation reports
- Citations or disciplinary action, such as speeding tickets
- Cell phone records
- Video and photos of damage to vehicles and the site of the crash
- Witness statements
Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers frequently work with specialists in complicated truck accident cases. Expert witnesses are helpful for interpreting evidence during the investigation, offering insight, and providing an expert opinion on causation and damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Truck Accident Injury Lawsuit in Missouri?
The Missouri statute of limitations gives you five years to file a personal injury lawsuit related to a truck accident. For a wrongful death claim resulting from a truck crash, you have just three years to file your case. If you miss these crucial deadlines, you will be barred from recovering any compensation.
Do not delay in pursuing your claim. Delays can make it harder to investigate your case and preserve evidence of your claim. Your experienced Kansas City personal injury lawyer will monitor filing deadlines to ensure your claim is protected.
Contact a Kansas City Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Do you have serious injuries and medical expenses after a truck accident? Do not accept a settlement offer that does not fully compensate you. Contact Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation with a Kansas City truck accident lawyer committed to fighting for you.
Our Kansas City personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Kansas City, MO
- Car Accident Lawyers in Kansas City
- Child Injury Lawyers in Kansas City
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Kansas City, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Kansas City, Missouri
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Kansas City
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Kansas City, MO
- Product Liability Lawyers in Kansas City, Missouri
- Scooter Accident Lawyers in Kansas City
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in KC
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Kansas City, MO
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Kansas City, Missouri
Highly Rated Chiropractors in Kansas City, MO
- KC Performance Chiropractic & Rehab – 2014 Swift St, North Kansas City, MO 64116, United States
- Gregory P. Bausch Chiropractic – 4115 N Cherry St, Kansas City, MO 64116, United States
- CLT Chiropractic – 5740 N Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64118, United States
- True Vitality KC – 4444 N Belleview Ave #204, Kansas City, MO 64116, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.