Distracted drivers are responsible for thousands of accidents throughout Missouri and Kansas City. Allowing anything to distract you from driving for even a few seconds can result in a tragic car accident.
Our Kansas City distracted driving accident lawyers at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers understand how a car crash can impact your life. Physical injuries, pain and suffering, and financial losses are just a few of the damages that distracted drivers cause.
Our lawyers hold distracted drivers liable for the damages they cause. We’ve recovered millions for victims of car accidents. Contact our law firm or call (816) 408-3448 to request a free consultation with our Kansas City car accident attorneys to discuss your case.
How Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a Car Crash
Car accidents can alter your life. They can result in extensive injuries that cost thousands to treat. They can cause you to miss work and lose wages. Worst of all, they could place you in a battle with the insurance company for the compensation you deserve.
You need strong legal representation to recover your damages after a car accident. Our Kansas City car accident attorneys have decades of experience handling car accident cases. We have recovered millions of dollars in car accident claims, including some of the largest verdicts in the state.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the car accident to determine how it occurred and gather evidence proving the other driver was at fault
- File injury claims with the insurance company and handle all settlement negotiations and communication with the company
- Calculate the maximum value for your damages and fight to get you that amount for your claim
- Work with you and medical experts to determine the severity of your injuries and damages
- Negotiate a fair and just settlement
- Prepare to file a lawsuit if the other party refuses to negotiate in good faith
Don’t go it alone after your car wreck. Seek quality legal advice. Your initial consultation with our Kansas City distracted driving accident lawyers is free of charge.
How Common Are Distracted Driving Accidents in Missouri?
Distracted driving continues to be one of the most severe traffic-related issues in the United States. Hundreds of thousands of people are injured each year by distracted drivers. In 2019, 3,142 lives were lost in distracted driving accidents across the U.S.
Distracted driving is also a serious problem in Missouri. Distraction-related car crashes claimed 87 lives in Missouri in 2019. Another 7,634 people were injured in these crashes.
Sadly, that number could be much higher; drivers often fail to report that they were distracted in the moments before an accident.
Why Do Distracted Driving Accidents Happen in Kansas City?
It only takes a few seconds of driver distraction to cause a car crash. Motor vehicles can be deadly weapons when drivers are careless and reckless.
Some of the common causes of distracted driving accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Texting and driving
- Talking on a cell phone
- Grooming and changing clothes
- Interacting with passengers
- Reaching for objects
- Objects outside of the vehicle
- Caring for children or pets
- Eating and drinking
- Adjusting vehicle controls
- Reading emails or other materials
- Watching or recording videos
The only things that a driver should be doing in the car are focusing on the road and operating the motor vehicle. When they don’t, the consequences can be deadly.
Damages and Injuries Caused by Kansas City Distracted Drivers
Distracted drivers cause accidents that frequently result in:
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Amputations and paralysis
- Internal organ damage
- Severe burns and scarring
- Wrongful death
These injuries may result in life-threatening conditions and permanent disabilities. In addition, families may lose loved ones because of a driver’s reckless choice to read a text or put on makeup while driving.
The damages you could recover for distracted driving accidents include:
- Medical bills
- Nursing care
- Personal care
- Therapy costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Reductions in earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering damages
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, your ability to prove fault, and other factors. We work diligently to maximize the value of your injury claim to get you the most money possible.
Who is Liable for a Distracted Driving Crash in Kansas City?
A distracted driver who causes an accident can be financially liable for the damages caused by the crash. There are numerous ways to prove that a driver caused an accident. For example, we may search for videos of the collision, request phone records, talk to eyewitnesses, and hire accident reconstructionists.
To hold the other driver liable, we must prove:
- The driver did something to cause the collision
- The car accident was the primary cause of your injuries
- You sustained damages because of the other driver’s conduct
If the other driver does not have sufficient liability insurance to pay your claim, you may also be entitled to compensation under your uninsured motorist insurance coverage. We’ll help you with that claim, too.
We can also discuss the option to file a personal injury lawsuit to pursue additional compensation for your damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Kansas City Car Accident Law Firm
Distracted drivers cause severe injuries, pain, and suffering for innocent victims. Let us help you recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.