Were you hurt in a traffic accident as a pedestrian in St. Louis, MO? Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers has fought for injured pedestrians for more than 20 years. Contact our law office at (314) 400-0000 to schedule a free consultation with a St. Louis pedestrian accidents lawyer that is ready to help you.
You may be eligible to receive compensation for your pain and suffering, lost earnings, medical bills, and more. We work on a contingency fee basis; you won’t have to pay anything unless we recover money for you, so contact us today.
Table of Contents
How Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Pedestrian Accident in St. Louis, MO
Do not let an uncaring insurance company undervalue your claim, minimize the severity of your injuries, or blame you for the crash. One of our experienced St. Louis personal injury attorneys can help you.
Founding attorney E. Ryan Bradley uses his two decades of personal injury and insurance defense experience to fight for you. He has secured some of the largest settlements and awards in St. Louis, Missouri history. He holds the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating and a 10.0 Superb AVVO rating for his dedication to his clients.
Trust Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers to help with your personal injury claim, and we will:
- Offer sound legal advice and guidance at every stage of your case
- Conduct an exhaustive investigation into your crash to identify all sources of compensation and gather evidence
- Work with experts in many fields like medicine and accident reconstruction for expert testimony that establishes fault, your long-term damages, and severity of your injuries
- Accurately value all the damages you suffered
- Fight back against blame-shifting insurance company tactics
- Handle all administrative tasks, communication, and negotiation with the insurance company
Turn to Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers and put our decades of experience to work for you. Call our law office in St. Louis today to schedule your free consultation to find out how we can help.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in St. Louis, MO?
Motor vehicles have become safer due to advancement in safety technology. Accordingly, there has been a decrease in the survival rates and serious injury rates for vehicle occupants involved in crashes. However, pedestrians are as vulnerable as ever to serious or fatal injuries from a crash.
A new report from the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) estimated there were 6,590 pedestrian fatalities nationwide in 2019. This is the highest figure in more than three decades, and it represents a 5% increase in pedestrian fatalities from 2018. In the past 10 years, the number of pedestrian fatalities on U.S. roads has increased by more than 50%.
In 2019, Pedestrians accounted for 17% of all U.S. traffic deaths. While pedestrian fatalities have increased considerably over the past 10 years, other traffic-related fatalities have increased by only 2%.
There were 376 pedestrian accidents in St. Louis, Missouri alone in 2019. These accidents caused 16 fatalities and 334 injuries. Just 26 of the crashes caused property damage only. The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) reported 110 pedestrian deaths across the state that year.
What Is My Pedestrian Accidents Case Worth?
The only way to correctly evaluate the types of damages in any injury claim is through a careful investigation of the case.
The St. Louis pedestrian accident lawyers at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you understand what your case may be worth by evaluating:
- Who was at fault and if you shared blame
- The circumstances of your accident
- The type of injuries you sustained and their severity
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- The strength of your negligence case
- Whether you suffered permanent impairment, disability, or disfigurement
- How your injuries affect your quality of life going forward
You can count on Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers to help you fight for the maximum compensation you are owed. We will help pursue compensation from all sources and seek the full value of your losses.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Pedestrian Accidents Victims?
There are two types of damages you can claim after a pedestrian accident. Economic damages, such as medical bills, are the easiest to calculate as they have a provable dollar amount. However, future economic losses, like lost earning capacity and anticipated medical expenses, can be complex to estimate. Non-economic damages are very personal and vary greatly with every accident.
A St. Louis pedestrian accidents attorney will help you seek compensation for:
- Current medical bills, such as physical therapy, surgery, ER visits, prescription medication, doctor’s visits, and more
- Future medical bills associated with your accident
- Lost earnings and lost or reduced future earnings and benefits of employment
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one was killed in a pedestrian accident
- Pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, and other non-economic losses
Contact Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation to discuss how we can help you seek the damages you deserve.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Pedestrian Accident in Missouri?
Missouri uses a pure comparative negligence rule. Under this rule, you are entitled to compensation even if you are 99% to blame, but your recovery is reduced based on your share of fault for the accident.
Be aware that insurance companies use this system to their advantage. They may try to blame you for your accident and shift as much liability as they can to escape financial responsibility.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians are the most vulnerable road users and the ones with the highest risk of serious injury or even death.
Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is committed to seeking maximum compensation for all the injuries you suffered in your accident, including:
- Minor injuries ranging from scrapes, cuts, bruises, and sprains to deeper lacerations and gashes
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic amputation
- Catastrophic injuries
- Organ damage
- Nerve damage
We will not rest in building the strongest negligence claim possible to compensate you for the life-changing injuries you have suffered.
What Causes Most Pedestrian Accidents in St. Louis, Missouri?
Several factors contribute to the rising rates of pedestrian accidents and deaths. Increasingly busy urban areas, greater use of cell phones while driving, a trend toward larger SUVs, and the growing popularity of walking and bicycling to work all play a role in this trend.
Most pedestrian deaths happen at night on local roads. During the past decade, nighttime pedestrian deaths increased by 67%, compared to a 16% increase in daytime pedestrian fatalities.
Speeding, distraction, fatigued driving, and driving under the influence all pose dangers to pedestrians. A driver’s or pedestrian’s alcohol or drug use contributed to nearly half of crashes involving pedestrian fatalities in 2018.
MoDOT found the top contributing factors to pedestrian fatalities in Missouri included:
- Failure to yield
- Alcohol/drug impairment
- Driver inattention
Pedestrians can be difficult for motorists to see, even at crosswalks. This is particularly true when pedestrians cross streets without marked crosswalks, poor lighting, and/or while wearing dark clothing at night.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Pedestrian Accident in Missouri?
In order to establish fault, our St. Louis pedestrian accident lawyers will investigate the accident thoroughly. We will document your injuries and accident conditions, gather evidence, and work with specialists to assess this evidence to show how your accident occurred.
In order to make a strong case for compensation, we will turn to evidence such as witness statements, police reports, traffic or dashboard cameras, medical records, traffic citations, physical damage to the vehicle, and even the driver’s cell phone records.
We will work to establish the truth of what happened and who is ultimately to blame for your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in Missouri?
The Missouri Code Section 516.120 establishes the state’s statute of limitations in personal injury cases: five years from the accident date. You must file your claim for compensation before this deadline expires. If you miss the deadline, you will be barred from recovering anything for your accident, with few exceptions.
Do not delay in pursuing your case, or crucial evidence may be lost. Call Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation so we can get to work protecting your claim.
Pedestrian Accidents Statistics
Contact a St. Louis Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand how a pedestrian traffic accident can change your life forever. You should not be concerned about a stressful and complex battle with an insurance company for the compensation you need. Let an experienced St. Louis pedestrian accidents lawyer take over the fight for you and seek the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation. You will pay nothing out of pocket and no attorney’s fees unless we win your case.
Our St. Louis personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Birth Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Boating Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Brain Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Child Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Jet Ski Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Premises Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in St. Louis, MO