Were you hurt in a slip and fall accident? If your accident occurred on someone else’s property, they may be liable for your injuries. An experienced St. Louis slip and fall accident lawyer from Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you seek the compensation you are owed and hold a negligent property owner accountable. Call us at (314) 400-0000.
We represented accident victims in St. Louis County for more than 20 years. We are committed to helping you build the strongest negligence claim possible. Contact our law office today for a free case review with a St. Louis slip and fall accident attorney ready to help you.
How Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Slip and Fall Accident in St. Louis
Slip and fall victims often suffer severe injuries. However, insurance companies may accuse victims of exaggerating or faking injuries due to a misconception that slips, falls, and trips are rarely serious. The insurance company may deny your claim or offer you far less than you deserve. An experienced St. Louis personal injury attorney can help you fight back and seek the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers was founded by E. Ryan Bradley, who began his career representing insurance companies. He uses this insight to build strong negligence claims for his clients. Martindale-Hubbel has awarded him its highest, “AV Preeminent” rating because of his success on behalf of injured clients. Likewise, he has been recognized as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer.
When you choose Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers to represent you in St. Louis, Missouri, you can count on us to:
- Offer sound legal advice, support, and guidance at every stage of your case
- Handle all administrative tasks and communications
- Investigate your accident to gather evidence that is used to build the strongest negligence claim possible
- Work with experts when necessary to prove negligence, the extent of your injuries, and other elements of your case
- Negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company to reach a fair settlement offer
Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers are not afraid to take your case to court to seek the compensation you deserve. Call our law office for a free consultation with a St. Louis personal injury attorney to find out how we can help you.
How Common Are Slip and Fall Accidents in St. Louis?
Slip and fall accidents are incredibly common in the United States. Nationally, they are the second-leading cause of injury-related death among seniors 65 to 84 and the top cause for adults 85 and older. Over 15,000 seniors die following a slip and fall.
In the U.S., over 40% of nursing home admissions are related to a fall. Every year, nearly 60% of nursing home residents suffer a fall. About half of all seniors hospitalized for a hip fracture, a common injury after a fall, are never able to live independently again.
However, it’s a common misconception that older adults are the only ones who suffer any real harm from a slip and fall accident. More than 1 million people visit an ER every year for a slip and fall related injury. Anyone can be hurt in a slip and fall accident, particularly falls that occur on stairs, hard surfaces, from a height, or involve landing on something sharp.
That’s why slips and falls are the top cause of workers’ compensation claims in the United States. According to the National Safety Council, in 2016 alone almost 700 workers were killed in slip and fall accidents and 48,000 suffered serious injuries. Most injuries and deaths from falls on the job involved falls on the same level.
In Missouri, trips, falls, and slips alone accounted 32% of all workplace injuries and occupational illnesses in 2019. These accidents were also responsible for 15% of the 106 workplace deaths in Missouri in 2019.
The Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services reports the state has an fall injury rate that is 31% higher than the national average.
What Is My Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
All slip and fall claims are unique, and there is no formula that can be used to determine the exact value of your case.
After an investigation of your accident, a personal injury attorney can estimate your claim’s value based on:
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- The type and severity of the injuries you suffered
- Whether you suffered disfigurement or long-term disability or impairment
- Whether you require ongoing medical care
- How your life will be affected by your injuries in the future
Contact Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today to discuss your case. We will help you understand what your case may be worth.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Slip and Fall Accident Victims?
This may include:
- Medical bills. You are entitled to compensation for your current and future medical expenses related to your fall. This includes doctor visits, ER visits, hospitalization, skilled nursing care, prescription medication, travel to medical providers, and more.
- Lost wages while recovering
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to your job due to disability.
- Non-economic losses may include pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life
Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers will work tirelessly to seek the full compensation you are entitled to. We will work with specialists as needed to document the full value of the damages you sustained and present a compelling case for your non-economic harm.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Slip and Fall Accident in Missouri?
Missouri uses a pure comparative negligence doctrine in cases that involve shared fault. Under this system, you are entitled to recover compensation even if you are assigned up to 99% of fault. However, your damages will be reduced according to your share of blame.
For example, say you suffered $50,000 in damages. However, a judge or jury assigns you 25% fault for your injuries. In that case, your damages will be reduced by $12,500 (25%).
Do not allow an insurance company to unfairly blame you for your accident to reduce their own liability. Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers has decades of experience fighting back against blame-shifting tactics by the insurance companies.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Fortunately, most slips and falls are minor and result in little more than bruises and embarrassment. However, nearly 5% of falls result in broken bones, and millions of people suffer serious fall-related injuries each year. About 87% of all fractures among seniors are caused by a fall. These accidents are also the second-leading cause of spinal cord injuries and brain injuries.
Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers fights for accident victims who have suffered all types of slip and fall injuries, including:
- Broken bones, including facial, skull, vertebral, hip, leg, hand, and arm fractures
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Eye injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
Insurance companies often try to minimize slip and trip injuries. At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we recognize the serious harm that can result from a slip and fall accident. We will fight for the full compensation you deserve for all the injuries you sustained.
What Causes Most Slip and Fall Accidents in St. Louis, Missouri?
A slip and fall accident can happen for any number of reasons, including slippery shoes or failing to pay attention. If the accident occurs on someone else’s property, dangerous conditions may be to blame.
Common hazards that cause slips, falls, and trips include:
- Spilled powders or liquids
- Slippery floor surfaces
- Damaged flooring
- Defective handrails
- Extension cords and other trip hazards
- Inadequate lighting
- Crumbling asphalt or cement on stairways, parking lots, sidewalks, or pavement
- Insufficient fall protection on the job
An experienced slip and fall attorney in St. Louis will conduct a careful investigation into the circumstances of your accident. At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we will work to find out how your accident happened and whether the property owner can be held liable for negligent maintenance.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Slip and Fall Accident in St. Louis, MO?
Most slip and fall claims fall under premises liability law. In Missouri, property owners and managers can be held legally liable when their negligence causes an injury on their property. However, recovering compensation requires proving negligence.
Proving negligence will depend on why you were on the property. The property owner’s duty of care to you differs depending on whether you were an invitee, licensee, or trespasser.
Trespassers are generally owed no duty of care in Missouri.
Invitees are persons allowed onto a property for the owner’s benefit, such as a business customer or someone using a public building.
An invitee must prove:
- There was a dangerous condition on the property that posed an unreasonable risk
- The property owner knew or should have known about the condition through ordinary care
- The property owner did not exercise ordinary care to remove the danger or provide adequate warning
- You suffered injury as a result
Licensees are allowed on the property for their own benefit. Social guests are considered a class of licensees. Property owners owe a lesser duty to licensees and must merely warn them of known dangers.
The difference between these two classifications is key. If you were an invitee, the property owner had a duty to protect you from dangers they knew existed and dangers they should have discovered through a regular inspection.
Premises liability cases can be challenging to prove. Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers will conduct an exhaustive investigation to gather evidence that supports a strong negligence case. We may work with expert witnesses, examine property inspection and maintenance logs, and more.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Slip and Fall Accident in Missouri?
The statute of limitations in Missouri for a slip and fall case is five years. If you do not file your lawsuit before this deadline, you will lose your right to recover any money from the negligent party.
Do not assume you can afford to wait. Delays in pursuing your case can may weaken your claim. Call the St. Louis slip and fall lawyers at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers today to preserve your claim.
Contact a St. Louis Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Following a slip and fall accident, it’s important to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Do not let an insurance company try to minimize the injuries you suffered or offer you less than your case is worth. Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is committed to seeking the full compensation you need as you move forward with your life.
Call our law office for a free consultation with an award-winning St. Louis slip and fall accident lawyer to discuss your case. We work on a contingency fee basis. You never pay attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you.
Our St. Louis personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Birth Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Boating Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Child Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Jet Ski Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Wrongful Death Lawyer in St. Louis, MO