Have you recently been hurt in an accident involving an electric scooter in St. Louis, MO? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and suffering. Our St. Louis electric scooter accident lawyers can help you fight to maximize your recovery.
Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers has helped injury victims and families win life-changing compensation in St. Louis since 2002. With over 30 years of combined experience, our award-winning litigators have won more than $70 million in damages. That includes some of the top auto accident verdicts in state and national history.
If your life has changed because of a scooter accident, our law firm is here to help you, too. Contact our team to learn more. Your first consultation is absolutely free, so call us to get started today at (314) 400-0000.
Table of Contents
How Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Accident Involving an Electric Scooter in St. Louis, MO
What caused your electric scooter accident? Who’s responsible for the wreck? Who’s financially responsible for your resulting costs and suffering? What happens if someone else tries to blame you?
All of these questions are important. They can also be difficult to answer, especially when you’re struggling to recover from severe electric scooter accident injuries.
That’s why it’s wise to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer in St. Louis, MO to handle your fight for damages for you.
At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve been fighting for crash victims in St. Louis for more than three decades. Our attorneys are top-rated litigators and have won some of the largest settlements and jury awards ever recorded in the state of Missouri. We fight passionately for our clients, and we’re ready to handle your personal injury case from start to finish while you focus on getting better.
When you turn to our law office for help after an electric scooter accident, we will:
- Coordinate an investigation into your crash to determine what caused it to happen and who’s at fault
- Gather and analyze critical pieces of evidence, including medical records, police reports, photographs of the scene and your injuries, and witness statements
- Consult with leading medical experts and vocational specialists regarding the extent and severity of your injuries
- Seek damages from anyone who directly or indirectly contributed to your e-scooter accident
Our team will enter negotiations with insurance companies and other parties with a singular goal: to get you the best possible settlement deal. However, our respected and accomplished litigators won’t hesitate to bring your case to trial if other parties refuse to negotiate fairly. We’re committed to getting you the best possible result, no matter the time or effort it takes.
Contact our compassionate legal team to learn more about your rights and how we can help.
Are Electric Scooters Legal in St. Louis, MO?
Yes, electric scooters – like those made popular by Bird and Lime – are legal to use in St. Louis. However, there are some local laws that you have to follow if you operate an e-scooter within the city’s limits.
- Electric scooters must be operated on the road and cannot be driven on the sidewalk
- You must wear a helmet while riding an e-scooter in St. Louis
- You cannot operate an e-scooter on a road with a posted speed limit of 25 MPH or greater
Safety officials in St. Louis also encourage e-scooter riders to use bike lanes whenever possible and to avoid making left-hand turns. It’s safer to get off the scooter and walk it across an intersection.
New proposals in the legislature are also seeking to add speed limits for e-scooters and prohibit the use of scooters in parks.
Are Electric Scooters Dangerous?
Yes, according to emergency room doctors at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and professors of emergency medicine at Washington University’s medical school.
In 2018, doctors at the St. Louis hospital treated no fewer than 67 patients for electric scooter-related injuries in a 10-week period. At least 12 needed to be hospitalized because of the extent and severity of their wounds.
That’s nearly one out of every five electric scooter accident victims requiring hospitalization – and that’s just at one hospital in the city.
What Causes Most E-Scooter Accidents in St. Louis?
Electric scooters are particularly dangerous because even though riders are required to wear helmets, there’s nothing else to protect them if they’re in a car accident. Most riders are inexperienced – there are no requirements to take safety training courses or learn how to operate a scooter properly.
When electric scooters are involved in auto accidents, it’s usually because (a) someone is negligent or (b) there’s a problem with the equipment.
Some leading causes of e-scooter accidents in St. Louis include:
- Unsafe speeds
- Operating an electric scooter on a sidewalk or in other prohibited locations
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Operating an electric scooter while drunk or impaired
- Distracted driving
- Weaving through traffic
- Parking an electric scooter in an unsafe location
- Rider inexperience
- Road rage
- Scooter malfunction or defect
- Road construction
- Road defects
- Defective safety equipment
- Poor weather conditions
Our St. Louis electric scooter accident attorneys will work carefully to identify every possible cause of your collision. This information will allow us to determine who’s at fault and protect you if others engage in victim-blaming tactics.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Blamed For My E-Scooter Accident in Missouri?
Yes, as long as you’re not entirely at fault. Missouri has a pure comparative negligence rule. Your damages will be reduced based on your own negligence. If you’re assigned 20 percent fault, your financial award will be reduced by 20 percent.
Insurance companies and other parties will try to take advantage of this law. They’ll point fingers and try to push as much of the blame onto you as they can. The more fault you share, the less they’ll have to pay (and the less money you’ll get).
Our personal injury attorneys will work hard to limit your liability, defend you against (often baseless) allegations that you share fault, and maximize your recovery.
What’s My Electric Scooter Injury Case Worth?
The value of your case will depend on the seriousness of your injuries and the long-term consequences you’re likely to face.
The more severe and catastrophic the injury, the more a related personal injury case tends to be worth.
However, every situation is different. Some victims may have pre-existing medical conditions that are aggravated by their electric scooter accidents. That can add significant costs and suffering to a scooter accident claim. Others may be traumatized by the fact that they were hit by a car and unable to enjoy their lives, which can also add value to a case.
Speak with an attorney directly about the facts and circumstances of your scooter accident case. The team at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is standing by to listen to your side of the story and provide a preliminary assessment. Call now.
We Represent All Electric Scooter Accident Victims in St. Louis
Our St. Louis personal injury attorneys are ready to help you seek compensation for all of your e-scooter accident injuries, including:
- Burn injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Degloving injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Eye and face damage
- Injury to the hands or arms
- Knee injury
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
If you’ve lost a family member in a fatal electric scooter accident in St. Louis, our wrongful death attorneys are here to help you navigate these difficult days. You could be entitled to damages related to their tragic death, and we’ll fight to get your family every cent you deserve.
Who’s Liable For a Motorized Scooter Accident in St. Louis, Missouri?
Under state law, anyone who contributes to a motor vehicle accident can be held accountable for the resulting costs.
One or more of the following parties could be liable:
- E-scooter operators
- Drivers of passenger cars
- Electric scooter companies like Bird and Lime
- City government agencies
- Property owners
- Employers of negligent parties
Our law firm will aggressively pursue compensation from all at-fault parties. You only have a limited time to file a lawsuit, so don’t hesitate to reach out to our team to begin your fight for compensation today.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted St. Louis Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer
Don’t let those responsible for your electric scooter crash walk away without consequence. Call Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers and ask for our help getting the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Our respected St. Louis electric scooter accident lawyers will work tirelessly to hold others accountable and maximize your financial recovery.
Your first case evaluation is 100 percent free, so don’t hesitate to give our St. Louis law office a call to schedule yours today. We’re standing by to help 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our St. Louis personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Birth Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Boating Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Brain Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Bus Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Child Injury Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Construction Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Dog Bite Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Jet Ski Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Premises Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Truck Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Uber Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in St. Louis, MO
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in St. Louis, MO