Scooters are becoming more common, especially in urban areas. Throughout Kansas City, Missouri you can see people riding rental scooters, electric scooters, and gas scooters. Unfortunately, scooter accidents are increasing throughout the city.
At Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers, our Kansas City scooter accident lawyers work to protect the rights of accident victims and their families. Our legal team can help you if you were injured in a scooter accident. We’ve recovered tens of millions for our injured clients.
Table of Contents
How Our Kansas City Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After A Scooter Accident
Insurance companies often blame scooter riders accidents, even when it’s not their fault. Our Kansas City scooter accident attorneys at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers are familiar with this tactic and understand how to challenge these allegations. Riding a scooter does not automatically make someone at fault for a crash.
You deserve compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other income after another person causes your scooter crash. Our Kansas City personal injury lawyers can help you recover the money you need after your accident.
When you hire our law firm in Kansas City, MO, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the accident to identify how the crash occurred and who is responsible for damages
- Gather and preserve evidence related to fault and damages
- File insurance claims and negotiate a settlement agreement
- Consult accident experts to assist with the investigation as necessary
- Calculate the value of your damages
- Monitor deadlines and prepare to file a lawsuit, if necessary
If you were injured in a scooter crash, contact our law office to discuss your options. Having sound legal advice is the best way to protect yourself from bad faith insurance practices.
What Are the Common Causes of Scooter Accidents in Kansas City, MO?
As more people choose scooters as an efficient and low-cost method of transportation, the number of scooter accidents may increase. As with a motorcycle, scooters are difficult to see because they are much smaller than other vehicles on the road. This puts the scooter rider in danger of a serious accident.
Common causes of scooter accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Distracted drivers
- Following a scooter too closely
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
Road conditions can also contribute to a scooter accident. For example, potholes, road debris, and other conditions can cause riders to lose control of their scooters.
Injuries and Damages Caused by Kansas City Scooter Accidents
Scooter riders do not have any protection during collisions with mother vehicles. Although a rider may wear a helmet, gloves, or other protective gear, the force of a collision often causes life-threatening injuries.
Common scooter injuries include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Injury to internal organs
- Back and neck injuries
- Nerve and soft tissue injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputations
- Skull fractures
Some riders may sustain permanent impairments that cause lifelong disabilities. Likewise, some individuals may require ongoing medical and personal care and may not be able to return to work.
Economic damages in a scooter crash may include loss of income, medical bills, personal care, and nursing care. Pain and suffering (non-economic) damages include disfigurement, scarring, impairments, loss of quality of life, physical pain, and emotional distress.
The value of your personal injury claim depends on the severity of your injuries, the amount of financial loss, and other factors. Before you recover compensation for damages, you must prove that the other party caused the crash.
Proving Fault for a Scooter Accident in Kansas City
In most cases, the driver who caused a collision is liable for an injured party’s damages. However, you have the burden of proving fault.
Evidence that can assist in proving fault for a scooter accident includes:
- Video from traffic cameras and security cameras
- Skid marks, property damage, and other physical evidence from the accident scene
- Eyewitness testimony and testimony from accident reconstructionists and other experts
- Records from vehicle systems and data recorders
- Police accident reports
When you hire a Kansas City scooter accident lawyer, your attorney will handle all aspects of your case, including gathering evidence. You should focus on your health and recovery, while our legal team focuses on proving your claim and damages.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Kansas City Scooter Accident Lawyers
A car accident in Kansas City, MO, involving a scooter can result in a complicated personal injury case. These injury cases often involve issues that might not arise in a typical car accident claim.
Call Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation with one of our Kansas City scooter accident lawyers. Let’s begin working together to get you the money you need after a scooter crash.
Our Kansas City personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Kansas City, MO
- Child Injury Lawyers in Kansas City
- Construction Accident Lawyers in Kansas City, MO
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Kansas City, Missouri
- Negligent Security Lawyers in Kansas City
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Kansas City, MO
- Product Liability Lawyers in Kansas City, Missouri
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in KC
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Kansas City, MO
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Kansas City
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Kansas City, Missouri