Serious Injury in New Madrid County Missouri Trucking Accident
Ryan Bradley | August 11, 2011 | Truck Accident
A man from Portageville and a man from Dexter were seriously injured in a Missouri side impact truck accident early this morning. The New Madrid County Missouri truck accident occurred on St. Judge Road, 1 mile east of Marston.
The accident began at 6:00am on November 8, 2011. Gregory L. Nolen of Portageville was crossing St. Jude Road when his 2005 Ford collided with a large truck that was on St. Jude. The large truck was a 2006 Peterbilt driven by Michael A. Cox of Dexter. At the end of the accident, both vehicles were in a ditch off the right side of the roadway.
Both drivers were injured in the Missouri truck accident. Nolen suffered serious injuries. Nolen was airlifted to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. Truck driver Cox sustained moderate injuries. Cox was taken to the same hospital via ambulance.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is a part of the United States Department of Transportation. The FMCSA promulgates and enforces regulations on the trucking industry. The FMCSA’s regulations are primarily focused on safety. FMCSA regulations govern aspects of the trucking industry like vehicle maintenance, driver licensing, and hours of service to protect the public from serious Missouri truck accidents.
According to FMCSA Administrator Anne S. Ferro, at least 90% of trucking companies make safety a key part of their values and operations. The overwhelming majority of the 500,000 companies regulated by the FMCSA make an earnest effort to avoid accidents. However, the remaining 10% of trucking companies may be less concerned with the public safety. These high risk motor carriers operate negligently, and should be held accountable for the injuries they cause.
Large trucks were involved in more than 3,000 fatal traffic accidents in 2009, according the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Even more large trucks were involved in injury traffic crashes. Despite the generally high level of compliance with FMCSA regulations, truck driver still cause serious accidents.
Contact Our Truck Accident Law Firm For Help Today
For more information, please contact Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers at your nearest location to schedule a free case evaluation today.
St. Louis Office
1430 Washington Ave Suite #226 St. Louis, MO 63103
Kansas City Office
1509 NE Parvin Rd, Suite A., Kansas City, MO 64116
Or if you would prefer to reach out to us online, please visit our contact us page.