If you were injured in a car accident, the St. Louis car accident lawyers at The Bradley Law Firm can help you. Call our law office at (314) 400-0000 to get help with your case. We’ve helped our clients in St. Louis get noteworthy results, and we’ll do everything we can to get you the same.
Give our law office a call today to schedule a free consultation. We’ll review your case with you and make some initial recommendations on the next steps. The Bradley Law Firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t have to pay unless we win your case.
Table of Contents
How The Bradley Law Firm Can Help After a Crash in St. Louis, Missouri
If you’ve been in a car accident, our St. Louis personal injury attorney is here to advocate for your best interests. You’ll need resources to cover your losses and help you get on the road to recovery. Your compensation can cover medical treatment costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
The Bradley Law Firm has earned a stellar reputation and has been featured in The Missouri Lawyers’ Weekly time and again for winning significant awards. Our record-setting verdicts and settlements are testament to our experience, skill, and passion.
Hiring The Bradley Law Firm to represent you in your car accident case means you’ll get the best.
When we begin working for you, we will:
- Review the investigative documents and crash reports from the police
- Examine evidence, including body-cam and dash-cam footage, as well as any other photo and video surveillance data
- Identify witnesses and speak to first responders
- Develop a legal strategy and involve you in the process
- Consult with experts who can testify on your behalf
- Handle all conversations and negotiations with insurance companies
If we’re unable to secure a strong offer from the insurance company, we’re not afraid to take your case to court and put it in front of a jury. Our personal injury legal team includes top-notch litigators who know their way around the law and Missouri’s court system.
We will be persistent and tireless in fighting for you. Your input is always welcome as we proceed with your case. We want you to have confidence in how we’re handling the case. We take care of the legal matters so you can remain focused on healing and getting your life back to normal.
Call The Bradley Law Firm today to arrange a free consultation with our accomplished and understanding legal team. We’ll sit down with you to review your case and answer any questions you have about our firm and our approach to handling cases like yours. We’re confident that once you’ve met with us and learned more about our experience in personal injury law, you’ll see there’s a reason we’re the go-to firm in St. Louis.
How Common Are Car Accidents in St. Louis, Missouri?
According to the most recent data available from the Missouri Department of Transportation, St. Louis saw 171 car crash fatalities between 2016-2018. This figure represented 6.11% of the 2800 car accident fatalities across the state in those same years.
There were also 803 serious injuries related to car accidents in St. Louis from 2016-2018, accounting for 5.6% of the statewide total of serious injuries.
Missouri is unfortunately known for its traffic accidents. In fact, a 2018 report ranked Missouri 12th in the country for states with the most dangerous roads.
Where Do Most Car Accidents Happen in St. Louis?
There are a number of factors that play a role in making certain roadways and highways particularly dangerous. Levels of traffic, speed limits, and visibility all play a part.
The following stretches of road in the St. Louis area are considered especially deadly:
- Highway 110 near De Soto
- Highway 30 between Lakenny Lane and High Ridge Boulevard
- Page Avenue in Wellston
- Interstate 70 between Union Boulevard and Salisbury Street
- Natural Bridge Avenue between Hamilton Avenue and Farrar Street
- I-270 in North County
- Interstate 44 from Yarnell Road in Fenton to Lewis Road
- Highway 141 between Burgundy Lane and Carman Road
- Interstate 55 from Meramec Bottom Road to near Bayless Avenue, south St. Louis County
- North Lindbergh Boulevard between West Washington Street in Florissant and Robbins Mill Road
Based on data from the National Traffic Safety Administration, these areas had the highest rate of fatal crashes per mile in 2015 and 2016.
What Is My St. Louis, Missouri Car Accident Case Worth?
We cannot make a complete calculation of the worth of your car accident case without conducting a thorough investigation.
As part of that review, we would consider the following factors:
- The severity of your injuries and corresponding medical expenses
- If the other driver was drunk, we can try to seek punitive damages
- The amount of time you were unable to work and the salary you lost as a result
- Whether you were wearing a seat belt as required by Missouri law
Taking into account these and other factors, we will do everything possible to maximize the amount of your financial recovery.
What Kinds of Damages Are Available To Car Accident Victims?
Damages in a personal injury case, such as car accidents, generally fall into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Losses that are easily assigned a dollar figure are called economic damages. These make up for your financial losses resulting from an injury.
They often include:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Income loss
- Home modifications
- Medical assistance equipment such as wheelchairs
- Household services
- Vehicle modifications
- In-home nursing care
Out of pocket expenses such as parking or rental fees are also covered under economic damages.
When losses are more subjective and difficult to quantify, they’re referred to as non-economic damages. These damages make up for the emotional consequences of an accident.
Non-economic damages typically include losses such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Losing a limb
- Emotional distress
- Limited mobility
- Loss of consortium
- Physical scarring
- Loss of one or more senses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We know what to look for in calculating your total damages. You can count on our St. Louis car accident attorneys at The Bradley Law Firm to ensure we include all possible losses in our request for damages.
Contact us today at no charge to learn more about how we handle car accident cases and how we can help you get the money you need to move forward.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Car Accident in Missouri?
For purposes of personal injury cases, the state of Missouri is a pure comparative fault state. You can recover compensation for your accident injuries even if you share fault for the accident. However, the comparative fault rule means your total award will be reduced by your percentage of blame for the accident.
If you were 20% to blame, you will end up with only 80% of what your case is worth.
As a result, it is in the insurance company’s own interest to lay as much of the blame for the car accident on you as possible. The more liable you are, the less they have to pay you.
At The Bradley Law Firm, we’re on to these kinds of tactics. We push back on insurance companies so they can’t take advantage of your vulnerable position.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Serious Crash-Related Injuries
At the Bradley Law Firm, we take on select clients with serious injuries. When we accept your case, you can rest assured it’s because we believe we can get you the help you need.
Our St. Louis car accident lawyers have helped clients suffering from all kinds of serious injuries, including:
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Whiplash resulting in muscle strain
- Herniations and ruptured discs
- Closed head injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Wrongful death
No matter what serious injuries you sustained in your car accident, The Bradley Law Firm will fight for the resources you need to recover from those injuries. We can also help you with a wrongful death claim if you lost a loved one due to a driver’s negligence in an accident.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in St. Louis, Missouri?
Car accidents can happen anywhere, at any time, and for numerous reasons. The causes of motor vehicle accidents in St. Louis are not much different from the causes of accidents across the country.
Some of those causes include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless lane changes
- Texting and driving
- Not leaving enough stopping distance
- New or inexperienced drivers
- Texting or using the phone while driving
- Mechanical failure
- Road construction and detours
- Weather conditions
Our car accident attorneys at The Bradley Law Firm have handled cases involving countless scenarios like those listed above. We know what to look for in identifying the cause of an accident and how to trace it to those responsible.
The Bradley Law Firm Represents Clients in All Types of Car Accident Cases
The St. Louis car accident attorneys at The Bradley Law Firm have represented clients injured in all types of motor vehicle accidents. Each collision involves unique issues, and our legal team is familiar with the elements involved.
The types of car accident cases we’ve handled include:
- Intersection crashes
- Rear-end collisions
- Front impact crashes
- Crashes caused by roadway defects
- Single vehicle accidents
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Uninsured motorist
- Underinsured motorist
- Hit and run crashes
- Trucking accidents
No matter the scenario, our experienced and skilled legal team at The Bradley Law Firm has you covered.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Car Wreck in Missouri?
The statute of limitations is the time limit within which you must file a lawsuit. This time limit is mandated by state law and is put in place to ensure evidence is still available and that witnesses are able to recall details.
For car accident cases, the state of Missouri places a time limit of five years from the date of the accident. While it may seem like you have a good deal of time, getting the legal process started as early as possible is to your advantage. The earlier you get started, the greater the likelihood of building a strong case.
With a strong case, you have increased leverage when negotiating with insurance companies. They are likely to be more inclined to make a fair financial offer if they know you have a sound case that you are not afraid to take to court. They’d rather pay you fairly than risk losing even more in court. This allows you the leeway to push back if they try to lowball you.
What if My Car Accident Happened While I Was Driving for My Job?
If you got into a car accident and were driving as part of your job, you may be able to get workers’ compensation through your employer. Applying for workers’ compensation involves a different set of rules and deadlines, so you should get started sooner than later.
Our personal injury legal team at The Bradley Law Firm has years of experience and is familiar with handling workers’ compensation cases. We’ll sit down with you to go over how the workers’ compensation process works. We’ll also gather evidence to support your claim in the event the insurance company tries to argue that your driving wasn’t work-related.
Give us a call to speak with our legal team about filing a workers’ compensation claim if you were driving while on the job. Let us walk you through the process and help you determine whether you’re owed workers’ compensation.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in St. Louis, MO?
In the minutes and hours following a car accident, there are a number of steps you should be taking that will prove helpful in case you need to take legal action.
We recommend you do the following after a car accident in St. Louis:
- Stay clear of danger, but remain at or near the accident site
- Call 911 and wait for police and first responders to arrive
- Check on others involved in the accident and offer assistance if you can safely do so
- Provide other drivers with your insurance information
- Get names and other contact info of any witnesses at the scene
- Do not discuss details or talk about your role in the accident with anyone
- Call your insurance carrier (in some cases, they require accident notification within a certain amount of time)
- If you can do so safely, take photos of the site, injuries, and vehicle damage
- Note any road defects, weather conditions, or other relevant details at the site
- Seek medical care no matter how minor you believe your injuries to be
- Hire a car accident attorney
Give us a call at The Bradley Law Firm as soon as possible following a car accident in St. Louis. We will be there to provide assistance and offer legal advice on next steps.
Contact Our St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
At The Bradley Law Firm, our St. Louis car accident lawyers are dedicated to aggressively advocating for injured clients just like you. We fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve. Being in a car accident is a devastating experience. The last thing you should be worrying about is finances.
Your focus should be on healing and recovery. You can trust us to handle the legal and financial headaches so you can have peace of mind. We’ll take care to keep you involved as necessary and ensure you make all the major decisions.
The attorney-client relationship matters to us, and we take pride in providing you with exceptional client service. We treat every client as a priority, and we make ourselves available to answer any questions or concerns 24/7/365.
Call today for a free consultation. Learn more about how we can make a difference in whether you win or lose your case. Remember, you pay nothing unless we win.
St. Louis Car Accident Testimonial
Recent Blog Posts
- 4 Types of Brain Injuries and 3 Levels of Severity
- Are You Suffering From PTSD After A Car Accident in St. Louis, MO?
- Is It Legal to Drive Barefoot in Missouri?
Car Accident Resources
- Can I Be Reimbursed for Lost Wages After a Car Accident?
- How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help if You’re Being Blamed For an Accident
- How Much is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
St. Louis, MO Auto Repair Shops
- St. Louis Auto & Truck Repair, Inc. – 2701 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63103
- Meineke Car Care Center – 728 S 4th St, St. Louis, MO 63102
- Custom Complete Automotive – 5406 Chippewa St, St. Louis, MO 63109
- Alleyway Auto Repair – 2016 S 9th St Rear, St. Louis, MO 63104
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.