Highway crashes in St. Louis, Missouri, can result in severe injuries, wrongful death, and serious property damage. A negligent driver may be financially liable for your damages after a car accident. However, their insurance companies may not be willing to compensate you fairly.
The St. Louis highway crash lawyers of Bradley Law understand what is at stake for accident victims after a highway crash. Our legal team seeks to obtain the maximum compensation for vulnerable clients in need of compensation for their medical bills and other damages. We have recovered millions of dollars in damages on behalf of our clients to date.
How Can Our St. Louis Car Accident Lawyers Help You After a Car Crash?
Highway crashes are among the most dangerous car accidents possible. They can result in hefty medical bills and considerable lost wages. If you are injured in a car crash, you need a trusted car accident attorney in St. Louis to handle your case.
Bradley Law has decades of experience handling car accident claims. Our team has recovered millions of dollars in such cases, including some of the largest verdicts in the state.
When you hire the legal team at Bradley Law, you can expect us to:
- Provide a free case review so that you have time with an experienced lawyer to obtain answers to your questions about personal injury cases
- Conduct a thorough accident investigation to identify all parties responsible for the car crash
- Gather evidence, including the police report, videos, eyewitness statements, expert opinions, and medical records to support your claim
- Review all insurance coverages to determine if your losses are covered by your insurance policy and the at-fault driver’s insurance policy
- Document your injuries and damages to calculate the maximum value for your personal injury claim
- Prepare a demand package for the insurance company and guide you in the pros and cons of accepting a settlement offer
- Negotiate for the highest amount available in your case
- Prepare and file a lawsuit to prove your case in court, if necessary
If you need legal advice about a car accident case, we are here to help. Call our office for a free case evaluation from an experienced St. Louis car accident lawyer.
What are the Common Causes of Highway Crashes in St. Louis?
Several factors might contribute to the cause of a highway crash. Common factors that can lead to a highway accident include:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Improper lane changes
- Tailgating and following too closely
- Road construction and road debris
- Inexperienced drivers
Unfortunately, speed is a common factor in many highway crashes. The speed limit on highways is higher than the speed limits on city, residential, and rural roads.
Studies have shown that the crash rate increases when the speeds driven on a road increase. Additionally, the risk of severe injuries from a car crash also increases with the rate of speed.
Highway Accident Cause Severe Car Accident Injuries in Missouri
Highway accidents tend to cause traumatic and life-threatening injuries. Increased speeds, multi-vehicle accidents, and crashes involving semi-trucks increase the risk of catastrophic injuries.
Common highway crash injuries include:
- Amputations and loss of limits
- Severe burns and disfigurement
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage and failure
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck, shoulder, and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and nerve damage
- Wrongful death
The cost of medical treatment for car accident injuries can be staggering. However, medical bills are only one type of damage that a person may sustain because of a highway crash in St. Louis.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Highway Accident?
- Medical expenses
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Loss of income and benefits
- Permanent disabilities and impairments
- Reduced future earning potential
- Physical pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life and enjoyment of life
Obtaining fair compensation for your accident claim is crucial. You may require ongoing medical and personal care. Your outstanding medical bills may even threaten your family’s financial security. Contact us today to get started on your claim.
Who is Liable for a Highway Crash in St. Louis?
Parties who contribute to the cause of a highway crash are generally liable for damages caused by the crash. Typically, you will have to show another party was negligent to recover your damages.
Parties who might be responsible for damages include:
- Drivers of one or more cars
- Truck drivers and trucking companies
- Employers of negligent drivers
- Vehicle and parts manufacturers (product liability claims)
- Bus drivers and bus companies
- Government agencies and entities (defective roads, inadequate maintenance, etc.)
- Road construction companies (improper narrowing of lanes, construction equipment accidents, etc.)
Our legal team investigates each party involved in the accident and all factors that contributed to the accident. We pursue claims against each liable party to increase your chance of recovering full compensation for all damages after a highway crash.
Keep in mind; you could share liability for the accident. If you contributed to the accident, Missouri’s pure comparative fault rules would reduce your damages by your degree of fault.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our St. Louis Highway Crashes Lawyers
Highway crashes in St. Louis are not minor incidents. We are here to help you with your case. Contact our office to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced St. Louis car accident attorneys. We will discuss your legal options and the pros and cons of each option to help you decide what is best for you.