St. Louis is one of the largest cities in Missouri and sits at the junction of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers. With an abundance of riverfront views – including notable sights like the Gateway Arch – riverboat tours have become popular attractions for tourists and locals alike.
Unfortunately, a leisurely boat tour can quickly turn your life upside down. If you were hurt in a riverboat accident in St. Louis, MO, you may be able to file a personal injury claim and seek compensation for your losses.
A St. Louis boating accident attorney from Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you prove your claim. We’ll put over three decades of personal injury experience behind your case to get you the compensation you need.
To learn more about our legal services and how we can help after a riverboat accident, call us at (314) 400-0000 or contact our law office online. We offer a free initial consultation to discuss your boat accident and potential legal options.
How Our St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Riverboat Accident
Whether you were hurt during a river tour, dinner cruise, or floating party, our St. Louis boating accident lawyers can help. We know how to take on even the most complex personal injury cases and win.
Since we opened in 2002, we’ve acquired over $70 million for injured clients throughout St. Louis, Missouri. We’re prepared to fight to get you a financial recovery that compensates you for the full extent of your losses.
If you hire Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers for help after a St. Louis riverboat accident, we will:
- Handle every aspect of your boat accident claim from start to finish
- Investigate how your injuries happened and who shares liability for them
- Coordinate with any other investigative agencies if they’re looking into the accident
- Calculate your damages, including future healthcare expenses
- Collect evidence and enlist the help of experts if necessary
- Negotiate with insurance companies and others on your behalf for a favorable settlement
- Represent you in a St. Louis County court if we cannot reach a fair agreement
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced St. Louis personal injury attorney.
What Can Cause a Riverboat Accident in Missouri?
You may be injured on a riverboat cruise in a variety of different ways. For example, you could get hurt after the boat collides with something or by a dangerous condition onboard.
Some potential factors that can cause or lead to riverboat accidents include:
- Boat operator inexperience or distraction
- Hazards in the river
- Failing to keep a proper lookout
- Failing to take evasive action
- Equipment or mechanical failure
- Intoxicated boat operators or passengers
- Exceeding the maximum capacity of the vessel
- Slippery or slick surfaces aboard, leading to slip and fall accidents
- Defective or loose railing, stairs, or platforms
- Negligent boat maintenance or inspection
- Falling overboard
- Lack of proper safety equipment, such as life jackets, fire extinguishers, and distress signals
Most accidents on Missouri’s waterways are caused by the carelessness of boat operators, passengers, and recreational enthusiasts (e.g., kayakers, swimmers, etc.). Accordingly, many of these unfortunate events are avoidable.
Regardless of how your injury occurred while on a riverboat, we’ll investigate and determine whether you have a valid claim for damages.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover After a St. Louis Riverboat Accident?
If you can prove the elements of your case – negligence, most likely – you could be entitled to compensation for your monetary and emotional losses.
Economic damages might include the following:
- Past and future medical expenses, such as ER visits, hospitalization, treatment, and ongoing care
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages are more challenging to quantify and could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability or impairment
Our St. Louis riverboat accident attorneys will help you identify and value your damages. Then, we’ll help you pursue every penny from the liable party.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Riverboat Accident in St. Louis, Missouri?
You typically must file a lawsuit within five years of a St. Louis riverboat accident. That’s the statute of limitations for most personal injury claims in Missouri.
However, there could be exceptions, such as if you lost a loved one due to a fatal riverboat accident. In that case, you must file a wrongful death claim within three years of the date of death (which may be a different date than the riverboat accident).
Don’t wait too long and miss the deadline that applies to your claim. If you do, you’ll be unable to pursue your boat accident case and recover compensation from the at-fault party.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our St. Louis Riverboat Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a riverboat accident in St. Louis, MO, you may have legal options available to seek compensation. The legal team at Bradley Law Personal Injury Lawyers will listen to your story and explain the potential paths forward.
Contact our St. Louis boat accident lawyers for a free, no-obligation case assessment. We’re available 24/7 to answer your call.