9 Questions to Ask Your Personal Injury Lawyer
Ryan Bradley | February 28, 2014 | About the Firm
Hiring the right personal injury lawyer is one of the most important decisions you will make after a life-changing event. Any lawyer you interview should provide a detailed description of how they obtain maximum compensation for clients. Do not settle for the “past results” showing a million dollar recovery. A million dollar recovery means nothing if the damages are two million and facts warranted payment of more.
Here are the 9 Questions to ask your personal injury lawyer before you hire him or her:
- Tell me how you helped a Client investigate a non-obvious theory of recovery and won;
- Tell me how you successfully challenged a law you thought was unfair for your Client, and won.
- How many jury trials have you handled to conclusion?
- Tell me about a case you had to appeal and won?
- Can I see your contingency fee contact before I agree to hire you? Make sure you are not responsible for any costs or expenses if there is no recovery.
- Are you financially capable of handling my case? Some cases require hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring to trial. Make sure the lawyer has a history of spending the necessary money to ensure the case is properly worked up.
- What past Client can tell me how you changed their life? Can I talk to him or her?
- What is your Martindale-Hubbell lawyer rating?
- Do you have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau?
If you cannot get full and complete responses from the lawyer you interview, open the door and run out into the street.
Not only will my law firm answer each of these questions, but we will show you real examples. Upon request, we will provide you with access to past Clients, and they can explain how our commitments, values and hard work changed their life. Please understand we can only provide information concerning Clients who agree to being contacted. We have plenty who have agreed, so this is never a problem for us.